Friday, January 29, 2010

Delta Tail Betta Fish

My little brother Maury got a Delta Tail betta fish for his birthday today. The scientific name for betta fish is betta spendens. Betta fish come from Cambodia and Thailand. Bettas also live in shallow waters in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and parts of China.



Adult betas are 3 inches big. Bettas live for 2 -3 years as long as they are alone or with separators. Males cannot be together or they will fight. Betta fish do not need very big bowls, but need their bowls cleaned often. Some betas can jump out of the water. A betta’s diet is fish flakes and frozen foods.


1 comment:

Cher said...

That was very interesting. I have seen Betas for years but never knew where they came from. I always just pictured them in their little bowls. I used to set the bowls close to each other to watch the betas get mad. Then all the people would get mad at me. Lots of fun.